I’ve finished the first week of second semester, and now seems like a good time to quickly lay out some of my goals (mostly the Global Engagement related ones) in writing.
1. Go to more international events. This semester, crew practice is going to be in the morning instead of the evening, so I have no excuse to miss all the meetings and fun events that go on between 5:30 and 8:30 pm. In particular, I want to go to Chinese Corner more often, which should be possible since Chinese Corner will actually be twice a week this semester.
2. Join the Chinese Language Club. The first meeting is this Wednesday (in the evening of course – if this was last semester I wouldn’t have been able to go), and I will definitely be there.
3. Finish applying for study abroad and scholarships well before the deadline. Not 10 minutes before the deadline, WELL BEFORE THE DEADLINE!!!!
4. Talk to my OU Cousin more. She’s really cool and I’d like to be less antisocial than I was last semester. Plus she speaks and texts me in Chinese, so I can practice my language skills.
5. Volunteer as an ESL tutor. I’ve emailed both Norman Public Schools and the Norman public library, and I’m sure at least one of those options will work for me. I don’t have a car but I am 100% willing to run, walk, or bike to anything reasonably close!
6. Think of some more creative and interesting posts. These long list posts get old after about the first one. I made a really fun video about OU Cousins for the Global Engagement class last semester, so I might try to do some more of those. I also want to have some more pictures on here, since right now I have exactly zero. I’ve been told that I don’t take or share enough pictures, so maybe that can change. I might also try to do some random posts about international news or interesting TED talks.
7. Post something on this blog at least once a week. If I do everything above, I should have plenty to talk about.